The hotel, at Claymore Road, uses an ionisation technology to convert the original chlorine water into mineral water.
Swimmers may not suffer from dry skin or reek of chlorine when they get out of the water.
"A fool and his money are easily parted" come to mind when I read that the hotel spent $15,000 on this ionisation system.
Ok, somehow, they add chlorine into the water, and by some ionisation voodoo, it removes the chlorine and adds minerals into the water. Wow.
Problem is, ionisation does not do either of that.
My limited science knowledge tells me ionisation does not add minerals to water. Ever. (it just gives the electrons a charge)
By the way, chlorine is added to the pool to prevent waterborne diseases caused by people who take a piss in the pool.
"Too little chlorine results in algae and bacterial growth, waterborne illnesses, cloudy water and insufficient sanitation of the water."[link]
I call bullshit on this. And good luck to whoever that swims in it.